Re: What is XendInvalidDomain?

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:

SHUTDOWN_ALL ./etc/init.d/xendomains: line 306: 27592 Terminated watchdog_xm shutdown /etc/init.d/xendomains: line 306: 27613 Terminated watchdog_xm shutdown 1
[root@potoroo ~]#

Have I offended folk?
Does nobody know?
Can't someone even tell me (nicely) where to go?

I read the initial report, but there wasn't really enough information to help. Restart the machine and tell us what operation(s) fails, with what error messages, and what you were expecting it to do.

I was trying to find what the message actually means, I think my chances of solving the underlying problem are quite good, once I know what it's talking about.

The problem arose when my install of ClarkConnect failed (it reckoned it needed more disk space than I offered), and I tried various ways to "undefine" it. virt-install doesn't recognise a failed install, so it figured it should boot the crook virtual disk.

I now have a working CC (I had to explicitly delete the disk image, virt-install doesn't resize it), and am having dismal results with Fedora 7:-(

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait