Re: Xen Virt-Manager odd reaction

BINGO!

thanks

Warren

Mark Nielsen wrote:

xm create /etc/xen/<vm name>

/etc/xen/ is where your configuration files for your VM are stored. One would think that after an install the Xen dom-U would actually "reboot" when you say "reboot" after install, but they just shut down. xm create will start them back up.

Mark

Warren Sypteras wrote:

Folks;

I have a small problem here that perhaps someone knows the answer to.
I'm running the following:
     kernel xen 2.6.18-8.1.14.el5
   xen  3.0.3-25.0.4.el5
   virt-manager-0.2.6-7.0.2.el5

When using virt-manager to add a new VM (in this case Fedora core 6) the installation moves along smoothly and the VM is displayed in the main virt-manager window under dom-0.

At the end of the VM installation the screen to remove all disks and click the reboot button appears.

Clicking on "reboot" in the VM window starts the reboot process. However, the VM entry in the virt-manager window disappears, the VM console disappears, and the VM never comes back.

The VM flat file is there (in my case it's /opt/vm01a) and the correct size but virt-manager does not see the VM, only dom-0.

I've gone through this multiple times and now have 3 VM's but no way to access them.

Where is the data for the VM kept that virt-manager uses? Why is virt-manager acting this way? Any patches, fixes, different revs?
Thanks

Warren