LUN to VM

Title: LUN to VM

Hi All,

So sum up all my answers to questions

1.  This line is correct!
disk = [ 'file:/opt/reddiskd0,hda,w', 'phy:/dev/mapper/mpath0,hdb,w', 'phy:/dev/mapper/mpath4,hdc,w', ]

2.  SCSCi device create is not needed futhermore once you create it, it will not be there upon rebooting the server.

3.The way this works is as long as the LUN is not mounted on the blade in which the guest vm is running on. Then the VM can mount the LUN.  The VM can mount the LUN even if it is presented and mounted to a different blade.  The one key point here is as long as the LUN is not mounted to blade where the virtual machine is running from, it should be able to mount it.

4.  WWID is only necessary if I want to use multipath inside VM.  For the most part I rebooted the blades and the VM's serveral time and they come back with the same WWID. so far...
I will continue to look at this post back if any significant changes.

Thanks

Tameika