xen networking

Since I have not yet been able to resolve my complex networking issues in RHEL 5, I decided to upgrade 1 of my cluster nodes to 5.1 beta and take this new libvirt networking for a spin. I'm not sure if this is going to make my issue easier to resolve, or add to the complexity so I'm writing this e-mail to hopefully get some suggestions as how to proceed.

My network looks like this:
eth2 & eth3 comprise bond1
bond1 has bond1.48 - my public VLAN interface with an IP for dom0
bond1 has bond1.20 - my VLAN for some domU systems, dom0 has no IP on this VLAN bond1 has bond1.21 - my VLAN for some domU systems, dom0 has no IP on this VLAN

I want to bridge to bond1.20 from some domU systems, and bond1.21 from other domU systems. dom0 should not have an IP on these VLANs.

1) do I need to define a network interface in /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/ for each VLAN? (bond1.20 and bond1.21) 1a) If yes, do I need to have an IP address for the bond1.20 and bond1.21 interface defined in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond1.20 and bond1.21? 1b) Do I also need to define an IP address on that VLAN in the .xml file for that network?

or

2) Can I just have 1 default.xml network and then use iptables to forward to a specific VLAN based on bond1.20 and bond1.21 configured in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ ??

#2 would be best, if possible. Unfortunately there's not a lot of documentation out on the new networking methods. I've read http://watzmann.net/blog/index.php/2007/04/27/networking_with_kvm_and_libvirt but that doesn't get in to all the VLANs and bonds.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Nielsen
n:Nielsen;Mark