No UDP? - was Re: Re: easy way to configure domU

Hi Bill, thanks for writing back. :)

My odd problem seems to be that I can get nearly everything working on the new, cloned box except for DNS. And in particular, DNS over UDP - I can use dig +tcp to force resolution over TCP, but it otherwise just hangs thusly:

; <<>> DiG 9.3.3rc2 <<>> @x.x.x.x domain.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
[root@hsg-vdev ~]#

nslookup behaves the same way. Has anyone else seen this? This is the second clone I've taken of the original box (which has never had any issues with DNS). I'm doing a lot of looking via google, and have seen many references to bad udp checksums, but when I run tcpdump -nvvi eth0 port 53 it shows the checksums as OK.

Aside:
Because we're using full virtualization (RHEL5, x86_64), the console isn't available by default (needs to be conf'd in grub.conf prior to boot), I wasn't able to access it that way, and so the first boot was to normal runlevel - I couldn't figure out how to make the freshly-created machine boot to single user.

I did stop the source machine before doing the dd of it, and got a randomly generated uuid and MAC address.

If anyone has seen this behavior before and knows of a fix, please let me know.

Many thanks,

	Hope Dundas