Re: Xen status for FC7

Frank Morane wrote:
Hi all,

I just did a fresh install of FC7 to see if xen would work out of the box.
Dom0 boots (with errors in the log - see below) and some Centos 4.4 domU boots but are unseable (after recompiling the initrd image with the xen driver preloaded) up to the famous long lasting error message "4gb seg fixup". At that point it is dead

I don't understand what you mean by "dead".  Does the dom0 hang?

My question: what id the status of Xen for Fc7? Will it ever fly?
Is there a Linux distro that works out of the box ?

I've been running FC7's Xen here quite well with a Centos 5 guest (amongst others). I haven't tried RHEL4 or Centos 4 as a guest though.

Rich.