Re: resizing Xen para-virtualized guest partition

Paul Wouters wrote:
On Tue, 8 May 2007, John Summerfield wrote:

[useful answer by Dan]

Please read ny sig. I really do not want off-list replies. Once I have ADSL at
home when I move house, hopefully in a couple of weeks, they will simply
bounce.

Someone takes the effort to help you by hitting "reply" and you're whining

You got that wrong. I am offering help. Read what I said.

about receiving a duplicate message you could have filtered out with procmail
on a properly connected server if it was *that* important to you:

No, the default operation of mailman is to recognise the cc: and not send to anyone in the cc: list.

              :0 Wh: msgid.lock
              | formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

That assumes that everyone can use procmail. Not everyone has that access, and not all mail setups use procmail for delivery. If you read the dovecot+sendmail instructions at the dovecot site you will see one that doesn't.

Adding this to your procmail takes less time, and less characters for your
to download once your messages with the above three lines hit your own
mailing list membership :P

You simply do not understand my setup. Until you do, not cannot offer useful advice.

If you would cause bounces on the lists that I maintain, you'd simply be
unsubscribed, just like people with out of office replies or badly looping
forward rules.

Hopefully, lists you manage facilitate discussion by directing replies to the list.

In any case, the bounces will only be to those who reply off-list, and they're designed not to irritate those folk, but to defeat spammers. I do not have an email address that does not get spammed, but I have thought of how to make them clean.

It involves firewall rules that direct access from approved sources (those that host lists I am interested in) to the mail server where those email accounts are known. Email from other sources will be bounced "recipient unknown" if I'm in a good humour at the time. Alternatives are to reject or drop the connexion attempts.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait