Re: dummy network interface laptop configuration problem

Typically you see that if Xen times out waiting to connect some devices.

While it's "waiting to come up" please run

virsh dumpxml rhel4pv1

This should show what devices it's looking to connect.
Maybe it's unable to access the disk image - for example if your disk image file is some place other than /var/lib/xen/images and SELinux is in enforcing mode.
Another common time we see this is when virt-install/virt-manager thinks you have a bridge called xenbr0 when infact you're using xenbr1.
Look at dumpxml's output - look to see if the bridge interface there exists ?

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 13:08 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
Deependra Shekhawat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the script. It's working. But now I got a new problem.
> Whenever I try to create a new virtual machine using either virt-install
> or virt-manager I get this error:
> Failed to get devices for domain rhel5pv1
> libvirt.libvirtError: virDomainCreateLinux() failed

Are you getting any messages appearing in
/root/.virt-manager/virt-manager.log?

Rich.

Andrew Cathrow
Red Hat, Inc.