RE: Is my guest hosed?

master@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Try this -- mount the guest partition (lvm or backing file,
> whatever you
> used) into the dom0. Then, use yum to upgrade the guest to
> FC6. yum can take a command line switch to point to a chroot
> path. So, if you mounted the guest into /mnt/xen_guest, you
> would use yum as
>
> yum --installroot=/mnt/xen_guest update
>
> or something like that. You still may need to make a workable
> initrd as well. There are threads here and on xensource
> covering the process.
>
> I don't think you're going to fix an FC5 guest and get it to
> run under FC6. At least paravirtualized.
>
> And BTW, I'm no expert, but I play one on the internet.
>
> hth,
>
> dave

I finally got back to this project, and tried to use the yum command above
to upgrade the guest image.  It did not work.  I just got a message saying
"No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion".

I wonder if it's really checking the guest's configuration or the host
system.

Anyone have any more ideas?

Brian