Re: virDomainCreateLinux() failed

Paul Wouters wrote:
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Bill Davidsen wrote:

FC6, xen installed, latest updates as of five minutes ago. ASUS P5LD2-R2.0
board, Intel 6600 CPU, 2GB RAM, 1.5TB disk.
PAE on, virtualization on. xend running, "xm list" works, shows one domain.

does not mention "selinux disabled"
If that's needed it somewhat conflicts with the idea for running things in virtual machines for added security :-( I thought that was a non-issue with 2.6.18, but I may be wrong.
libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err 'Error creating
domain: Disk image does not exist:
/home/davidsen/Virtual_Machines/OpenBSD-4.0a')

And that's not in /xen/
Hopefully doesn't have to be. Having all projects in a single place just begs for name clash and visibility exposure issues. The browse didn't have any trouble finding the file, at minimum probably a bug if it allows me to select a file I can't use.
I think that used to be an issue with selinux. not sure if it still is.
Thanks for the ideas, I was hoping to use xen instead of VMware, but when I did a project a few years ago I don't recall it being particularly inflexible.

I'll try just moving the disk image file and running with that.

Again, many thanks.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc