Re: fc6: xennet module issue with kickstart

Hi Daniel,

2006/11/10, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 01:41:02AM +0100, Florian Heigl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found one more little issue to stumble over :)
>
> I tried (among others) the following kernel:
> kernel-xen-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.i686.rpm and the initrd from a (freshly
> rsynced) images/xen/ directory.
>
> When the domU is created it comes up properly, and automatically preloads
> the xenvbd module,
> but not xennet. I extracted the initrd and found the xennet module there,

[...] snipped myself out

> 'phy:/dev/evms/ll-kickme_home,hdd,w' ]
> vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr1' ]

This is your problem - 'type=ioemu' is only relevant for fully-virt
guests, but you're trying to do parav-irt install - just remove the
type param & it will probably work.

Thank You _again_, You pointed me at the right thing.
I am currently trying to figure out why I added it in the first place, my template
doesn't have it. I think it was about the type=ioemu vif being cleared from the bridge more reliable than the standard vif.
i.e. just now
root@xen-host3 /etc/xen/configs/linlab# xm create -c ll-kickme
Using config file "ll-kickme".
Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.
this happened after a successful boot, so my spirit is up anyway)

I feel a bit stupid, having wasted a few hours on this.
on the other had it still fed google. :)

--
'Sie brauchen sich um Ihre Zukunft keine Gedanken zu machen'