Xen high memory usage/X programs running poorly

'xm top' shows Dom0 to be using 2846916k of memory (about 90.5 %)
'free -k' shows Dom0 to be using 447192k of memory
'uname -r' shows 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5xen0
X programs running over ssh are extremely slow (such as http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/ and http://xenman.sourceforge.net/) to the point where they are mostly unusable. When using the non-xen kernel, X programs seem to run fine over ssh.

I did a standard install of FC5. I changed the size of / to 20gb so that I could create other LV for the domUs. I installed the basic webserver package to start off with. I installed http://webmin.com/ to make it easier to configure the iptables, and switched ssh to use a different port. I then ran 'yum update' and disabled SELinux by editing /etc/selinux/config and setting SELINUX=disabled. Lastly, I set 'DEFAULTKERNEL=kernel-xen0' in /etc/sysconfig/kernel and installed the xen kernel with 'yum install kernel-xen0' as directed by http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5 and rebooted.

Am I missing something that is causing memory usage to be so high and causing X programs to run so poorly?

Paul Traylor

--

Fedora-xen@xxxxxxxxxx