Re: [Fedora-xen] slow disk performance in Xen0 FC5

It helped me a lot (but did not really fix the problem) when I set my disk queueing mode to deadline, from whatever it had been before. For instance, on my domU:
echo deadline > /sys/block/xvda/queue/scheduler

The command is similar on the dom0, just use the appropriate block device.

BUT, what *really* helped me out was to turn on write caching on my SATA raid card. It helped such an absurd amount that I have to suspect some corner case performance problem was being hit before, but I don't know what it would have been.