Re: [Fedora-xen] VBS running out of loopbacks

Jon Stone wrote:

Through some searching it appears that we are limited to 8 loopbacks /dev/loop[0-7] on a default FC5 install. This was noted when we started getting no backend can be found errors when trying to load a 9th VBS based guest.

Is adding a basic option to /etc/modprobe.conf and rebooting the system the safest way to unload everything and get the loop module reloaded to support additional loopback devices?

adding the max_loop option to /etc/modprobe.conf works, but you don't need to restart the system, you can just remove the module and reload it after making the change. but you won't be able to remove the module whilst it's in use...

Regards,
David