Re: [Fedora-xen] Best Practice for backing up running Virtual Machines

Hello Kwan!

Kwan Lowe schrieb:
With LVMs you can do snapshot backups pretty easily. If you have databases running
you should shut them down first, or at least use a method that retains the database
consistency. Even a snapshot won't capture changes unless they're written to disk.
I'm surprised that you didn't get any filesystem errors after copying the
file-backed domU....

I think i will use a combination of traditional backup within my domU for the absolutely important files,
e.g. /etc, databases and other data.
In Addition i will take an LVM Snapshot or something similar.
I've read (xensource mailinglists) that LVM Snapshots aren't ready for production use at this time.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,  ///  Kind Regards,
                                                Christian Reiter

--

Christian Reiter	|||	c.reiter@xxxxxxx