RE: [Fedora-xen] eth0 not coming up in domU

On April 11, 2006 at 15:01:44 -0700 dmorgan@gmi-mr com wrote:

Kernel is 2.6.16-1.2080_FC5.xenU

I've found that the problem was caused because the 2.4 based guest OS (White
Box Linux) didn't support modprobe.conf so didn't load the

CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND

Module. I've recompiled the kernel so that this module is built in and it
resolved the issue.

Is there any reason why this module isn't built into the kernel by default, so folks setting up 2.4-based guest operating systems (e.g, RHEL3) can avoid building a custom kernel? Is there an easier way that I have overlooked?

Thanks,
Ryan