[Fedora-xen] anaconda install -- getting networking right

I'm trying to do a local install, I've copied my 4 b5 cds to /var/www/html/rpmcache and turned indexing on in apache. For reference, my laptop's ip address is 192.168.45.3. SELinux disabled; service iptables stop;

Stuff I didn't see in the quickstart that slowed me down included:
- a pretty quick example of how anaconda expects the install directories. Having used User Mode Linux and those various yum-based install hacks, I started off just by copying all the rpms into one directory, and realized that it actually wanted all the files on the cds. - should I expect dhcp from anaconda to work OOTB? Not so much. Is there a host configuration I need? Does host need to run dhcpd? Am I running as if the host is my gateway? If I'm bridged, I wouldn't think so, but if I can't get a dhcp lease off the network, what's blocking me? - an example of sane network numbers to use. Comming from a UML background, I'm used to setting up a 10-network behind a tun device. Now I have a bridged network connection, so I'm guessing I can just use the next logical lan address, 192.168.45.202. However, I can't tell why my anaconda can't contact 192.168.45.201. It's not worth specifying 127.0.0.1 from anaconda. Was it an error to specify http://localhost/rpmcache/ on the command line python script? Tried again with http://192.168.45.201/rpmcache/disk1/, no connection to httpd server. Is this install process not intended to interact with dom0 port 80?

I'm sure there's prolly something simple that I've skipped, but I can't see it. Is there a way to diagnose the network connection? I admit to not having scrutinized the list closely, but I don't see any posts in the archives discussing my issue.

I've gotten so much further this time than with FC4+Xen, it's not crashing and freezing my machine, I can't be far away. Help appreciated. TIA.

Jed