Re: [Fedora-xen] Xen 3.0 on FC5 problems

Filipe Miranda wrote:

Hello there,

I'm new to this xen technology and I'm trying it on FC5 but I'm having a hardtime trying to setup a guest xen machine.
Here is what I did and all the error messages:

The directory /nfs/fc5 has the following content:
[root@fc5 fc5]# ls /nfs/fc5/
Fedora  figs  images  isolinux  repodata  stylesheet-images

I folllowed the steps described on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5 <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5>

[root@fc5 fc5]# /usr/sbin/xenguest-install.py
What is the name of your virtual machine? fc5
 How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 256
 What would you like to use as the disk (path)? /xen/fc5
 What is the install location? nfs:fc5:/nfs/fc5

Starting install...
Using config file "/etc/xen/fc5".
Error: Device 51712 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.
If your install has exited, you can restart your guest by running
'xm create -c fc5'.  Otherwise, you can reconnect to the console
by running 'xm console fc5'

Any suggestions?

What are the contents of /etc/exports on fc5?

Can the guest domain successfully resolve the name of the Dom0 domain in DNS?

Try using fc5's IP address at first, then use its DNS name if it works OK using IP.

--
Best Regards,
   Aleksander Adamowski