Re: [Fedora-tools-list] Help with tools bugzillas needed

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 23:50, Elena Zannoni wrote:

> there is a real need for bug triage. We have a lot of bugs open
> against tools packages, and some of those are very old, and maybe can
> be closed.
>
> Can you help clean up the bug list?

Can we make use of (i.e. revive) Fedora Triage?

http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraTriage

And #fedora-bugs on irc.freenode.net

If Wednesday's don't work, we can always get another day to solve this
out. A quick checklist of what a triager needs to have:

* Current Rawhide install
* Possibly some knowledge of the toolchain - a good idea to read man
pages, and have some basic programming knowledge
* Access to different kinds of architectures, if possible (x86, x86_64,
ppc, etc...) - this can be worked out on the IRC channel too

Tools, as per the announce (i.e what the tirage is to focus on) include:
gcc, gdb, binutils, glibc, oprofile, libstdc++, elfutils (there's
probably more, please add to this list)

Oh well, I've taken the liberty of starting off:
	http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/wiki/ToolsTriage

Others are encouraged to write in the Fedora Wiki - please sign up, and
get someone on the EditGroup to add you (well, I'll do it for you as
well, just provide me your WikiName)

Package owners please stand up, as well

Regards
--
Colin Charles, byte@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.bytebot.net/

[Index of Archives]     [GCC Help]     [Fedora Development]     [Fedora Announce]     [Fedora Legacy Announce]     [Home]     [Fedora Config]     [PAM]     [Red Hat 9]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]