Re: xrandr dual head configuration: how-to required

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 14:57 +0400, Hiisi wrote:
> Hi, list!
> Recently I installed F15-rc1 on my computer. The machine is AMD Phenom
> with 2 GB of RAM. It has two graphics adapters - one internal,
> integrated into motherboard and the other is PCI-express card. Here's
> the link to motherboard manufacturer specifications:
> http://www.msi.com/product/mb/740GM-P25.html#?div=Detail
> PCI-E card is Redwood [Radeon HD 5670].
> The machine has two monitors. One attached to PCI-E card is 21.5 BENQ GL2240:
> http://www.benq.com/products/product_detail.cfm?product=1765
> The other one connected to internal video-out is NEC LCD 72VM.

This is a tricky setup to get working; using two adapters at once with
RandR is uncommon and I know when we first went to RandR 1.2 was
unsupported. I don't know if it's theoretically supported now, but I'm
not at all surprised it's buggy.

It would be much simpler if you could connect both monitors to one
adapter; does neither of them have dual outputs?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey