Favorites Icon List on Desktop

I booted up this morning and found my favorites list on the desktop. I am not complaining, just want to know how it works. It is not displaying on my laptop. I like it.
Also I just want to give a shout out for the Fedora Team once again for such a fine job. There are some things to get use to but that's what being on the cutting edge is all about.
--
Lawrence E Graves <lgraves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
All things are workable but don't all things work.