Re: shell is gone?

2011/5/8 Piscium <groknok@xxxxxxxxx>
On 8 May 2011 07:09, cornel panceac <cpanceac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> >From the gnome-session changelog:
>>
>> * Wed Apr 27 2011 Owen Taylor <otaylor@xxxxxxxxxx> - 3.0.1-2
>> - Add a quick-and-dirty blacklist for Radeon R100, R200, Intel 8xx
>>
>> Your card is an intel 8xx ...

My PC has i865 graphics. Two weeks ago I did a short test of Gnome 3
(about half an hour) and it looked all right. I could not tell if it
was faster or slower than Gnome 2 or KDE. I am not sure if it is
really necessary to blacklist all Intel 8xx, but maybe the developer
has his reasons.

> oh, thnx a lot, drago01 .
> if i only knew how to reverse the blacklist ...

What about "yum downgrade gnome-session" ? If that works then you
could disable updates for that package in yum.conf.

to be honest i was looking for a long term solution without disabling the updates. i'm not sure that i understand the reasons behind this decision considering that (at least) most of the problems i had with intel i also had with nouveau. what's the next driver to be blacklisted, i wonder?