Re: GNOME Shell frippery for grumpy old stick-in-the-muds

On 05/08/2011 03:01 PM, Ron Yorston wrote:
> I've written a few extensions to make the GNOME Shell user experience a
> bit more like that of GNOME 2.
>
>    Move the clock towards the right of the panel;
>
>    Place launchers for favourite applications on the panel;
>
>    Replace the Activities button with an Applications menu;
>
>    Disable dynamic workspaces.
>
> Some notes and a tar file can be found here:
>
>    http://intgat.tigress.co.uk/rmy/extensions/index.html

Seems interesting.  You might want to consider submitting these
extensions upstream

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Extensions

Just file a bug report with a patch for each of these extensions.
There is already one submitted for the app menu.  So that's probably
just duplicated work

Rahul