Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Final Test Compose 1 (TC1) Available Now!

On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 18:21 +0000, BeartoothHOS wrote:
> On Wed, 04 May 2011 11:33:44 -0400, James Laska wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 20:43 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>
> > Certainly, if you aren't interested in contributing to the more rigorous
> > test matrix, the next best thing is to speak up on the list, as you've
> > done.  Thanks!
>
> 	Even if I had the time, it would take me months or years of study
> to become able to follow at that level, alas! But I'm glad to do what I
> can without that.

It really shouldn't - the workflow is as simple as: download the test
image, click on a test case link on the matrix, follow the instructions
in the test case (they're really easy), and then add in your result
based on the outcome of the test. It's not meant to be difficult or
complicated or need extra study at all.

Here's a practical example...

Okay, we have our F15 TC1 Desktop live image, let's go to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test . Look
at the matrix, and click on the first test case - that's
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_browser . It has six
really simple steps: all you have to do is boot up the live image and
follow those. Then if all the results are as expected, edit the results
page and mark that test as a 'pass' (all this involves is adding the
text {{result|pass|your_nickname}}, which is explained in the page). If
it fails, file a bug, and report the test as a 'fail': {{result|fail|
your_nickname|bug_number}}. and that's it!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey