Re: user defined service help

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 19:51 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 05/04/2011 03:50 PM, Brian Millett wrote:
> > [Unit]
> > Description=JBoss AS 7 domain server
> > After=local-fs.target network.target
> >
> > [Service]
> > Type=simple
> > ExecStart=/opt/jboss/bin/domain.sh
> > NonBlocking=yes
> >
> > [Install]
> > WantedBy=multi-user.target
> /usr/lib/systemd/user/jboss7.service <-- ? this path is a bit odd all

because that was a guess based on the name /usr/lib/systemd/user.  Don't
know what that directory is for.

> custom files should reside in the /etc/systemd/system/ directory
> regardless of Linux distribution

Good!  What does the /etc/systemd/user directory do?

> Other than that it should work.
>
> Reload the systemd daemon to let it pick up the changes
>
> systemctl daemon-reload
>
> To start the service
>
> systemctl start jboss7.service
>
> To stop the service
>
> systemctl stop jboss7.service
>
> To see the status of the service
>
> systemctl status jboss7.service
>
> To enable the service run
>
> systemctl enable jboss7.service
>
> systemd service files default to Type=simple so you could skip that line
> if you wanted to.
>
> JBG

Thanks!  Got working just great!  Even read how to have the process run
as a different user/group and it is just slick!

Thanks.
--
Brian Millett - [ Delenn, "In the Shadow of Z'Ha'Dum"]
"There are beings in the universe billions of years older than either