Re: USB drive doesn't mount on start-up

As far as I understand, the kernel event( that new device is plugged in) is read through DBus by gnome and  it is mounted automatically.

But when you have it plugged in, the kernel throws the event pretty early in the boot time and there are no takers for that( like gnome, kde or any other DEs).

I dont know the solution, but this is the reason I found.