Well, I have tried systemd now ...

Hi,

After being educated on merits and superiority of geek arts in SELinux, Gnome 3,
etc, perhaps it is time to change the pace, a little ...

I suddenly realized that it is already past F15 Beta, soon to be gold, and there
is that conspicuous silence about ... systemd.

Considering that its impact is even wider and deeper than that of the other
gems, it made me wonder what Santa Klaus brought in his big bag this time :-o

For starters, let's consider my own adventures.
After installing my F15 Beta for the first time, I noticed that I need sendmail
service running for my system status e-mails.
Being a bold eagle, somewhat experienced in Computer Science, I assumed
I should be able to start figuring it out without studying tons of docs.
So, knowing that my new universe starts with systemd, I followed my instincts:

$ systemd --help
$ systemd --test

Well, how easy, how intuitive, what a concise and clear output !
And it makes the udev subsystem (as seen by udevadm, etc) a peanut by
comparison :-)

OK.
It is your turn.

Do not be shy, my fellow Fedora Linux users - share with us your impressions.
As I said, systemd is the new kid on the block, soon to be gold.

JB

http://www.popsugar.com/Pictures-Mariah-Careys-Baby-Bump-Posing-Nude-15501512

... we love you too, Mariah.