Re: postfix versus sendmail

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tom Horsley (horsley1953@xxxxxxxxx) said:
>> Just curious why sendmail is still the default on f15?
>
> Inertia. No one has yet cared about this enough to overcome the rash of
> complaints & discussion that such a change would entail.

Correct, I believe I was the last person to bring up a thread on MTAs
and it ended up in a very long flame fest. I gave up. Ultimately
there's been work on packaging so that any MTA isn't really needed by
any of the desktops so for most parts the spins or SIGs specify the
MTA they want or just remove it altogether and it then just avoids the
mainline flame fests altogether.

Peter