Re: Multiple F15Beta bugs in under an hour

Next bug is no debuginfo packages for key bits like glibc means no
automatic bug report from abrt was possible.  Guys, no debug packages
means no good reports, which is the whole point of a beta, right?

   Are you saying that ABRT didn't download debuginfo packages?  For a while now (not just F15) debuginfo isn't installed at install time.  It just automatically gets downloaded when ABRT tries to generate the backtrace and it caches them in /var rather than installing them as full RPMs on the system.  If ABRT didn't actually download the debugs that's actually a bug and you probably should report it.

Launch firefox and display the About popup.  Notice anything missing?
Yup, the only way to be rid of it is to stop FF and kill off
xulrunner-bin.  Or perhaps xkill?  Is this a window manager (mutter?)
bug?

   Not that I specifically agree with it but popup windows like the about window are dismissed with the Esc key rather than a close button.  Gnome-shell has some minimalistic design decisions in it which will take some getting used to like the lack of a minimize button and the alt button press for a shutdown.  That last one seems fine for desktops which I run 24x7 but not necessarily laptops which I tend to shutdown and pack away.

   -- John Watzke