Re: EFI install (F15 beta rc2)

El dg 17 de 04 de 2011 a les 09:30 -0400, en/na Richard Ryniker va
escriure:
> >Partition table invalid or corrupt.
>
> I saw this message from GRUB when I re-used a disk that had been part of
> a software RAID array for a Fedora installation.  I do not recall now
> whether fdisk or the Fedora installer wrote a new partition table, but
> there were vestiges of the RAID format left on the disk that confused
> GRUB, even though fdisk displayed the expected partition table.
>
> I used parted to explore, and it reported the inconsistency.  Ultimately,
> I zeroed the beginning of the disk, wrote my desired partition table, and
> installation of Fedora then succeeded.
>
> If you do not have a similar disk history, my experience may not explain
> why you have this problem.

Thanks for the reply, Richard.
The disk did had a previous partition layout, although it was not part
of a RAID array. I checked with parted and gdisk, but neither complained
about the partition table, and both agreed on this layout:
Number  Start   End     Size   File system  Name  Flags
 1      1049kB  211MB   210MB  fat16              boot
 2      211MB   735MB   524MB  ext4
 3      735MB   1000GB  999GB                     lvm

When booting the Live CD, it actually activates the swap partition that
anaconda created in the LVM partition. It is also possible to manually
mount the different partitions in the disk, so I guess the partition
table is healthy.

regards,
/Josep