Re: Unable to boot Fedora 15 Alpha.

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011, Matej Cepl wrote:

Dne 31.3.2011 23:36, Vamsi Krishna Brahmajosyula napsal(a):
please add "selinux=0" as kernel parameter while booting. In earlier
cases relabeling worked for me. I haven't tried with the most recent
update yet.

Please don't spread bad advice! The correct parameter is enforcing=0. If anybody follow your incorrect advice which damaged his SELinux labelling, please, run before reboot (as root obviously)

Matej, are you sure, the enforcing=0 works around this? I tried that, and my system still does not boot. Maybe just a bad luck, but selinux=0 worked. I'm not sure about the root cause of the problem, but maybe the complete selinux engine needs to be disable to work around it, which is not what enforcing does.

fixfiles onboot

Best,

MatÄj

Adam Pribyl