Re: gnome-shell in fc15...

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 1:59 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 17:15 -0800, Rob Healey wrote:
>> Greetings and good evening!
>>
>> I would like to know if there has been a globally accepted fix for the
>> gnome-shell and gdm problem of either not working or the flashing gdm
>> problems yet???
>
> Again, vague questions do not lead to satisfactory answers. It sounds
> like you're hitting a crash in gdm and also in Shell. I would recommend
> you look through the bugs filed against each recently, and also
> discussed on this list, and see if you can identify which ones you are
> suffering from. Then you can follow those reports to see when they are
> fixed.

I think he's referring to the fact that GDM currently doesn't allow
use of anything other than gnome (IE I don't believe it gives you a
drop down list of the desktop environment to allow you to choose
multiple options). It was discussed, I believe on the desktop list,
and it was said that the removed feature would be added back prior to
the final stable release of gnome shell.

Peter