Re: Running abrt-cli in live isos for graphics test days?

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > However when I run abrt-cli -r xxx where xxx are the first few
>> > characters of the uuid it wants to download 94 debug files - is there
>> > any way I can get a shorter way to a crash report from abrt-cli?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >

>> All problems you are facing is, that there is no debuginfo on LiveCD.
>> Nevertheless it looks like a good idea to have livecd with debuginfo for
>> testday purpose.
>
> We can't know which debuginfo to include, and it's very large - it would
> make the live CDs huge.
>
> What we really want is to use the retrace server:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RetraceServer
>
> I should test using that and document it.

Very interesting - and I was unaware of it - I did try to build a live
iso with debug stuff in it but as you say it is huge - and I ran out
of space on the build machine I was using before it finished creating
the livecd iso! (Big is OK if you have a large usbkey to write a
bootable system to so I was not worried about size).

I will read the wiki on the retrace server and am happy to run it if I
can find how to do that....
--
mike c