Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Alpha TC2 Available Now!

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 01:55:40PM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 03:45:30PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> >
> > I think it would be more meaningful to provide links to their actual
> > usability study/research then a links to their design/mockups and FAQ
> > for novice end users.
>
> How about this:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~mccann/shell/design/GNOME_Shell-20090705.pdf

A quote from this document:

"Quality isn't job one. Being totally fucking amazing is job one."

As far as I can observe somebody mixed up both grammar and syntax
and wrote "fucking amazing" in place of "fucked up".

On my 1600x1200 screen I am getting a totally unreadable mess with a
bunch of crazy hieroglyphics (icons) with absolutely undecipherable
titles.  Where some letters can be distinguished they are obviously
doubles.  What is more there is no obvious way to try to fix this
mess (yes, I guessed where some purported configurations may be).
When I will show something like that to my wife, which has not the
best vision, to put it mildly, and finds anything on dark
backgrounds unacceptable under any circumstances, I will be laughed
out of town.  "Default" fonts are also out of question.

On the top of it my existing keyboard remapping was ignored and so
far I did not find a way to remap "Ctrl" key from what it is stuck
on current keyboard to a position where I _require_ it to be.
Anything which does not allow that is by a definition a reject, as
far as I am concerned, regardless what other redeeming features that
may have.  A plain show stopper.

> http://cgwalters.livejournal.com/25818.html

Does not tells much more although pictures are tad better than a
junk on my screen.  One has to wholeheartedly agree that here
"Quality isn't job one". Or two, or three for that matter.

Just in case somebody thinks that I am exaggerating attached is
a picture with a fragment of a "new look" of my screen.  Even if
something could be done with a rendering if colours cannot be fixed
then this is a total reject too.

   Michal