Re: CR-48

On 01/02/2011 03:21 PM, drago01 wrote:
On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Stephen John Smoogen<smooge@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 09:58, Timothy Davis<cpuobsessed@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I don't mean to brag (but I will) but has anyone gotten Fedora on a Google
Chrome Notebook. I know Ubuntu has been installed on it and there are plenty
of howtos on the "that" particular subject but can those instructions be
modified to fit Fedora? or rather can someone modify them. I haven't had the
time to work on it and would appreciate anyone who does have the time.
It is pretty much standard hardware so all you'd have to do is to get
it start anaconda (i.e boot the install media)
I applied to get one, but I'm not one of the anointed. I think you get one if you are a popular blogger or tech-related website operator. IE: the press.

I read an article that it is not really standard hardware, although there is a "developer mode" switch on it to allow running code not signed by Google that should make it easier to hack. I thought however that it still wants to wipe the disk if you mess with that switch. Something like putting it back in "normal" mode will re-install ChromeOS. At least I hope it would since it would be real hard to get back to using stock ChromeOS without a CD.

--
Chris Kloiber