Re: Xen Dom0 and Fedora

On 28/12/2010 10:30 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> Everything I've read points to waiting for the magic to happen in the
>> kernel - however I'm not sure if that is a case of everyone else waiting
>> for someone else to do something, or some other reason...
>
> If you follow the Fedora Xen thread further along, you will get the
> answer.  Essentially domu is queued to be merged in 2.6.37.  Rest of the
> smaller changes can be cherry picked if necessary.
>
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps
>
> Jeremy is working on this upstream.  You will have to follow LKML to see
> that.

Ahhh - I hadn't come across anything on LKML as yet - I'll have a hunt
through today...

> If you want to try now
>
> http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/
> <http://fedorapeople.org/%7Emyoung/dom0/>

I did try these - but it seems they are only F12 kernels. I did try
using them anyhow however after loading the hypervisor, the system just
stopped. I didn't have a chance to hook up serial consoles or anything
to debug it at that stage. Might do it with a spare machine if I get
time and see whats going on.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx