Re: yum upgarding

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010, JB wrote:

> Adam Pribyl <pribyl <at> lowlevel.cz> writes:

> I understand you are on F12, want to upgrade to F13, and you follow
> the instructions from here ?
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum

Yes, sorry to be not that specific.

> Can you share with us the outputs (unedited) ?
> $ cat /etc/yum.conf
> $ yum repolist enabled
> $ yum check
> $ yum check-update
>
> Then share with us the exact steps and outputs while trying to upgrade.

I am in the middle of the old way, however I tried it as per the wiki
page:
yum clean all # cleans up everything
# skrip rpm key import as there is no link for F13
yum update yum # ok, no updates, however it loads all the cache files!
yum --releasever=14 update --skip-broken
# just offers me ordinary F12 updates

Here I gave up and canceled as the process did not fulfill my
expectations. IMHO, this "yum update yum" has to be followed by "yum clean
all", otherwise those steps do not work, but this come to my mind after I
just got to what I was used to and updated the fedora-release-* manually.

> JB

Adam Pribyl