NVidia Driver question???

Greeting All:

First of all, I would like to say thank you for whatever information that you can give me...

I would like to know if it is better to use the supplied video drivers by fe xorg-x11-drv-? or would it be better to use the video driver from NVidia? My video card is:

nVidia Corporation NV44 [Quadro NVS 285] (rev a1

Would anyone also be able to tell me if I will be able to gnome-shell/ gnome 3 with this video card as it currently says that I will need 3d acceleration now when I try to go to Desktop Effects if I were to use the NVidia supplied drivers? I do not even know if it would be wise to use the NVidia drivers anyway?

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey