Re: Fedora On MacBook Pro

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Bob Cochran <bcochran13@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't even know if the MacBook Pro will show a BIOS screen.

Apple provides BIOS emulation, but I'm not sure if it shows the POST output you're probably used to. This is how they made their EFI-based systems compatible with Windows XP 32-bit (which requires a BIOS).

Linux can boot via native EFI _or_ BIOS emulation.

Or if it will boot from USB or DVD.

It will definitely (at least) boot from CD/DVD. Hold down the Option key immediately after you power on your Mac.