Re: [Test-Announce] Systemd Test Day on Tuesday 2010/09/07

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 00:36:38 +0100,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As usual, we've tried to make it as easy as possible to participate.
> There's full testing instructions on the Test Day wiki page, and you can
> contribute some helpful testing just by running a nightly live image[2]
> and making sure it boots correctly. Of course, the more testing you can

Note that there is an update pending for systemd-9-3 that isn't going to
show up in the nightly builds until the following dep issues are fixed:
manager-2.31.4-1.fc14.i686 requires libgnome-control-center.so.1
gnome-packagekit-2.31.4-2.fc14.i686 requires libgnome-control-center.so.1
They are blocking rebuilds of the Desktop spin (and others).

As Tom mentioned, there is currently an issue with systemd-9 and the
network service (but not NetworkManager) that wasn't present in systemd-8.

It would be nice to get a fixed version of systemd-9 into the nightly
builds before the test day, but there isn't much time. You may want to
have a backup plan to provide a custom spin for testers to use.