Re: since no more portmap, no more nfs client

Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Quite several versions back, portmap was apparently made obsolete. Ever since
> then, I've never been able to mount other systems' exports (except when not
> running Fedora*).

FWIW, I use nfs mounts every day.  The goalposts have gotten moved from
time to time, but they do still work when correctly configured.  Some
quick hits from my Fedora-update checklist:
	* autofs installed?
	* appropriate ports selected in /etc/sysconfig/nfs
	  and let through in iptables ?
	* /sbin/chkconfig nfs on

			regards, tom lane