F12 update issues

Hey,

I just set up a fresh F12 vm, then I logged in and tried to update the
system. I was greeted with an 'internal system error' dialog. After
seeking advice I learned that I need to manually update yum and
PackageKit before doing the wholesale system update.

I think this is a pretty dire issue, essentially a dead-on-arrival
system. One more reason why we need to batch updates and test them as a
whole.

What mechanisms to we have in place to prevent issues like this from
repeating in F13 ? Does autoqa run any 'update a fresh install to all
current updates' kind of test ?

Matthias