Re: latest f12 gnome updates broken

2010/2/25 Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 08:30:39AM +0200, cornel panceac wrote:
>    the latest gnome updates in f12 broke the gnome-panel(s) or it's just my
>    system? after updating from updates-testing the panels are back but
>    gnome-terminal fails to start. i 'll report more later.

I haven't seen that problem with a F12 x86_64 system that's updated
from the stable update stream.  You've restarted if necessary, and
checked with a fresh user account too?

this is a 32 bit system. i've just created a new user. since i;ve already installed *gnome* from testing repo, the panel is starting but the windows have no decoration and as soon as i try gnome-terminal, it crashes and abrt shows up. also, during system boot, there's amessage regarding gnome-power not correctly installed. if this is only about my computer, it's ok :) but if it's a problem with many f12 computers, there will be a lot of reports. anyway, right now i do not want to update my other three systems. of course, i'll have to sacrifice at least one so that i'll understand better what's going on :) i'll be back with more details asap.

--
Linux counter #213090