Re: F13: only others user is available at login

On 21 February 2010 15:47, Mail Lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/21/2010 08:06 AM, Antonio M wrote:

>  Bug 566690 -  after fresh install of F13, a default user is not listed in gdm

 May I suggest that displaying a list of users should be an option that
must be turned on - and for security purposes - no users should be
displayed at all without the admnistrator turning it on.

 Lists of usernames is reasonable primarily for residential use - ie
not laptop or any other location.

 Lets take the lead on this one and not leak information by default.

Agree 100%.

To login you need the username and password - why help the bad guys by giving them 50% of the information they need?

Alan