Re: System frozen on rawhide at start-up

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 09:08 +0100, Antonio M wrote:
> I applied latest updates with yumex few minutes ago, that froze during
> clean-up of some packages, so I rebooted, but system doesn't start any
> more, as it is not able to start the system logger
>
> How do I recover??

Can you remove "rhgb quiet' from the boot options, and watch the console
for any failure messages.  The boot messages may provide information as
to what the root cause is.  In addition, it might be good to review the
packages updated since your last successful reboot.

Thanks,
James