First experiences with Rawhide installer

I downloaded boot.iso and install.img from
http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/rawhide-lng/x86_64/os/images/
and copied them to my rsync image.

The first install attempt failed with an unhandled exception related to
an empty
card reader mapped to /dev/sdd.    I put a Binkie into the reader and
tried again.

On the second attempt, the installer apparently could not access extended
partitions.

For the third attempt, I specified a primary partition for Rawhide and the
install was able to install files to the partition (sda3).

I was very careful to specify boot loader installation to the Rawhide
partition sda3.
Nonetheless the installer managed to bollix the MBR.  Nothing booted.  I
installed
ArtistX in order to get a working MBR.   ArtistX was able to boot to
Rawhide.
The Rawhide boot was very slow and eventually locked up the computer.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf@xxxxxxxx   www.omen.com