Re: Broken deps : Three types of package maintainers

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apparently, with regard to broken dependency notifications, there are
> three types of package maintainers:
>
> (1) The I-do-not-care-and-give-a-s**t-about-the-reports type of maintainer,
> who ignores the reports and possibly filters the private mails into Trash.
>
> (2) The blasphemy!-false-positives!-my-pkg-is-not-broken-wtf type of
> maintainer, who either flames me immediately after receiving the first
> report or after several weeks when the private mails still haven't
> stopped.
>
> (3) The I-understand-the-problem-or-I-ask type of maintainer, who fixes a
> broken dependency silently, or who asks for help, and who is easy to deal
> with.
>
> Obviously, I prefer type (3). There is no need to spend any time on
> sending acknowledgements about broken deps reports to me privately,
> especially not if the Rawhide report has found the same broken deps.
> But please think twice before having a whinge in a private reply and
> accusing me of false positives.
> --

I'd like to publicly, "on list", thank you for your efforts in keeping
up with the reporting. It's extremely useful and much appreciated
(though I get the feeling you don't hear that often if at all).

Many thanks,
    -AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com