Re: Fedora install support for netbooks -- small screen size

On 01/08/2010 05:19 AM, Vedran Miletić wrote:
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Christopher Beland<beland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Well, we're still supporting CPU architectures that first appeared circa
1995...people are certainly still running systems they bought in 2001.
It would be nice to tell my Dad (who was in this boat last week), "oh
well it won't run Vista, but I'm sure if you do a minimal Fedora install
on it you can still check your email" and not have his reply be "the
installer was broken, I couldn't make it past the first screen" because
the "Next" button fell off the screen.
Well, you can use text install then, can't you?

I am always fiddling with the partitions. I suppose mr home user does not.

Then there is the apps selection which is difficult to use in text mode.