Re: Fedora install support for netbooks -- small screen size

On 01/06/2010 10:45 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 10:24 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
I am doing another FC12 install on my ASUS 701ee.  This is a test
system, and I end up installing every month or so.

Of course with the small screen size, I end up pressing<cntl-N>  a lot,
as I cannot see the Next button.  And on some screens I just miss some
options, like getting to customize the install packages.  I am always
forgetting the key combo to turn that check box on.

Is there some way to either get the ability to pan the screen around or
scroll the screen so that on Netbooks that SHOULD be a popular install
platform for Fedora, can have workable installation?
To be fair, the installer _is_ workable on almost all netbooks. The 701
has an extremely small low-resolution screen. No-one makes netbooks that
small any more, not even Asus. Probably scrollbars on anaconda could
work around this, but that may not be simple to implement.

OK. I only have experience with this 701 that I picked up on ebay. And I am even using an 8Gb SD card in the SD slot to have enough disk space to run FC12 on it (it came with a 4Gb SSD drive).

There are other small screen devices that will be coming out and scrolling and panning would be nice to have.