Re: Testing request: latest F12 xorg-x11-server build

On 12/17/2009 09:45 PM, Mike Chambers wrote:
On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 14:29 -0500, James Laska wrote:
On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 00:15 +0000, Adam Williamson wrote:
Hi, everyone. Dave Airlie would like it if people could help us
regression-test the latest xorg-x11-server build for F12, which you'll
be able to find here when it's done building:

We have quite a lot of changes queued up, and we will need to send these
changes out as an update at some point - there's important fixes in
there. But we'd like some reasonable assurance that it doesn't break
anything horribly, obviously. If those of you with F12 machines could
stick this build on and make sure things work alright, that'd be great.
Please report whether it seems OK or you run into problems in this
thread. Thanks!
Looking good here.

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 9400M (rev
b1)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M22 [Mobility
Radeon X300]
The only problem I had, was on an nvidia (not sure that part matters in
this case) card, and my panel (I moved it to the bottom) properties is
set for the panel to be a solid color (shade of blue).  If set that way,
the color and panel is broken up into various lines along it.  I am
going to provide a URL of a screen shot showing what I am talking
about.  If you look at the bottom left/ride of the picture, you'll
notice the breakup of the color.  If I change the panel properties back
to default (the color part) then I don't get the error.

http://www.miketc.net/xorg-server-test.png

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 9500 GT
(rev a1)

Confirmed..

On a laptop with VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Quadro FX 570M (rev a1)

In Gnome simply go to panel properties and change the panel settings to Solid Color --> Style and set to transparent to duplicate..

Also the graphics just go berserk after resume you can type in the password ( in blindly or in half baked dialog ) and press enter and the graphics fixes it self once you get a logged in desktop..

JBG